|My Spicy Potato Salad......|
Cik Ngah had had this potato salad a few times at office pot-luck gathering. It usually served with Chicken-in-a-Bag dish! So when Cik Ngah volunteered to make chicken roast, this side dish came into the picture.
Armed with Google, Cik Ngah found recipe that is spicy and suitable for our asian taste. For the Dijon mustard Cik Ngah use homemade. Will update recipe in the next post.
My Spicy Potato Salad recipe is as follow;
2 1/2 pounds gold potatoes, peeled
4 large eggs, hard cooked, peeled, chopped
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup chopped green peppers
1/3 cup chopped red peppers
1/3 cup chopped yellow peppers
3 green chilies. chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise, or as desired
2 tblsp Dijon mustard
3 tblsp chopped dill
2 tblsp chopped chives
2 tblsp lime juice
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
Chopped parsley for garnish.
- Wash and put potatoes and egg in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil gently for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Drain and let cool completely. When the potatoes are completely cooled, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks.
- Skin the eggs and chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped eggs, onion, peppers and chilies.
- Combine the mayonnaise with mustard, dill, chives, lime juice, and seasonings. Add to the potato salad and mix until well blended. If desired, add more mayonnaise.
- If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley.