|My Death by Chocolate Cheesecake......|
I have installed iFood in my phone and came across the recipe and video in iFood. iFood became 1 more application in my phone that I can use during my 'waiting time' and also when accompanying hubby to his badminton game.. Previously only Facebook, but now I have iFood and also foodgawker....yeyy!!!
Back to this recipe, I baked for 2 birthday occasions and Alhamdulillah, they were deliciously great! This is definitely a keeper for cheese and chocolate lover......
100g butter, melted
250g crushed oreo cookies (with chocolate cream)
500g Cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs separated
100ml sour cream
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
3 tbsp lemon juice
|Need to improve the side base...|
too thick and not even....
4 oz bitter-sweet chocolate, melted
4 oz dark chocolate, cut into chunks
12 oreo cookies cut into chunks
8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Grind oreo cookies with melted butter thoroughly and press into 9 inches springform tin and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until hard peak form divide into 2.
- Beat cream cheese with flour, caster sugar, egg yolks, lemon rind and juice, and sour cream until light and fluffy.
- Divide into 2. Whisk in melted white chocolate into one and melted bitter-sweet chocolate into another half.
- Stir in chocolate chunks into the white chocolate mixture and oreo chunks into the bitter-sweet chocolate mixture.
- Mix well with egg whites and pour the cheese mixture into 3 parts alternately with the white and bitter-sweet.
- Bake for 40 minutes and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the center. Leave in the tin to cool.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Heat the whipping cream, remove and add chopped chocolate and corn syrup.
- Whisk until all chocolates are melt. Continue whisking until the chocolate ganache is cool.
- Pour the ganache onto the cooled cheesecake and decorate with chocolate curls.