|My Minestrone Soup|
It has been a while since Cik Ngah last cooked something new! Been keeping the recipe for a while and last week bought the ingredients and had only managed to do this on last Wednesday nite!
Verdit? Easy recipe and delicious. I just wonder why I did not try this any sooner? If I want to have this, I need to find the restaurant that have this soup! Luckily I can find this at a cafe in my office lobby..Hemm I guest that is why!!!
Here is the recipe that Cik Ngah took from internet but could not trace where did Cik Ngah took it from...
2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, cubed
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1.5 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 0.5 inch pieces
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning/Italian Herbs - Cik Ngah use Mc Cormick
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 14 oz can diced tomato
1 14 oz can crush tomatoes or 5 medium tomatoes,blended
1 14 oz can of kidney beans
1 cup pasta of your choice
6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water plus 2 cubes non-msg chicken stock
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue sautéing until fragrant.
- Add celery and carrot and cook until they begin to soften.
- Stir in green beans, italian herbs and pepper.
- Add all tomatoes and the chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans and pasta and cook until pasta is tender.
- Season to taste with salt.