|My Rosemary Chicken Rice, garnish with chopped fresh parsley|
1 cup chopped red onion
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 cube non msg chicken stock
(or 1 tsp salt)
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
(or 3/4 tsp dry rosemary crushed)
1/4 tsp Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
1 1/4 cups long grain rice
1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced and drained
2 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp butter/margerine
- Heat butter in a wok or a rice cooker pot and stir onion, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
- Fry and stir on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add rice; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth and chicken stock or salt.
- Bring to boil, and transfer the rice into a rice cooker, and add tomatoes stir and cook until finished.
- When rice is cooked add parsley; fluff with fork.
- Serve with Rosemary baked chicken, gravy and soup.
Actually I really want to cook the Rosemary Chicken as I did manage to grab one McCormick Rosemary chicken marinate at Giant the other day. So I googled to find suitable receipt for rice to have with the baked chicken, find this receipt at McCormick : Portuguese-Style-Rice-with-Rosemary
So I modified a bit to become My Rosemary Chicken Rice. Verdict? Delicious!