|Strawberry Banana Muffins....|
1/2 cup vegetable cooking oil
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3 size B eggs
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1 cup bite pieces fresh strawberries (cut into bite pieces)
2 1/4 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Position rack in center of oven.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- Add the cooking oil to the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine the flour nd cinnamon. Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour. This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. I used ice crean scoop, for this size cups it just about the right amount of batter using the ice cream scoop and much much easier to work with..
- Place in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
|Yum..yum..good to eat while they are still hot!!!|