|Simmering chicken broth...|
4 carcass of fresh chicken
2 large onions cut into wedges
2 celery stalks - chopped
1 carrot - cubed
8 black peppercorns
2 tablespoons chopped dry parsley (optional - I used McCormick)
1 tsp. salt
2 litre water
- Put chicken in a large pot and cover with 2 litres cold water. Bring just to a boil. Skim off and discard any foam that rises to the surface. Add remaining ingredients, return just to a boil, and reduce heat to maintain a steady, gentle simmer for about 4 hours. (Excessive boiling will make a cloudy broth.)
- Let cool to warm room temperature. Strain and discard solids.
- Keep chilled and use or freeze stock within a few days.
- Well frozen broth will keep for months. I freeze stock in container for 1 serving as I use chicken stock or broth for my soup..all types of sup!
- Defrost and bring to a boil before using and add similar amount of water to make sup.
|Straining the broth....|
|Ready to be frozen...|