Monday, February 14, 2011

My Chicken Broth/Stock

My husband loves soup, he will asks for soups quite often, so I usually make this chicken broth or stock and freeze them so I could use them for my instant delicious soup!
Simmering chicken broth...
Ingredients:

4 carcass of fresh chicken
2 large onions cut into wedges
2 celery stalks - chopped
1 carrot - cubed
8 black peppercorns
2 tablespoons chopped dry parsley (optional - I used McCormick)
1 tsp. salt
2 litre water

Preparation:

  1. Put chicken in a large pot and cover with 2 litres cold water. Bring just to a boil. Skim off and discard any foam that rises to the surface. Add remaining ingredients, return just to a boil, and reduce heat to maintain a steady, gentle simmer for about 4 hours. (Excessive boiling will make a cloudy broth.)
  2. Let cool to warm room temperature. Strain and discard solids.
  3. Straining the broth....
  4. Keep chilled and use or freeze stock within a few days.
  5. Ready to be frozen...
  6. Well frozen broth will keep for months. I freeze stock in container for 1 serving as I use chicken stock or broth for my soup..all types of sup!
  7. Defrost and bring to a boil before using and add similar amount of water to make sup.

No comments:

Post a Comment