Cik Ngah dah beberapa kali made this rice, but always forgot to get the picture and hence the recipe remain as draft. This time Cik Ngah have to post this recipe with or without picture....Oh wait, my niece took and post a picture in FB. Here it is;
|Sauce, Mandy Chicken, Soup , Arabic Salad and green chillies|
Ingredients A – Mandy Spice Mix
2 tablespoons cardamom pods
2 tablespoons cloves
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 whole nutmeg
1 tablespoon ginger
4 bay leaves
Ingredients B - Chicken
1 chicken cut into 4 pieces
4 teaspoons Mandy Spice Mix
1 teaspoon salt – to taste
2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon turmeric/Safron
2 cubes or 2 tablespoon chicken stock (I used maggi)
Ingredients C - Rice
1 1/2 cups basmati rice
1 tablespoon butter/margarine
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped and removes all the seed
4 whole cardamom pods
4 whole cloves
6 black peppercorns
3 cups chicken stock (or just enough that about an inch is above the rice)
½ cups yogurt - optional
Ingredients D - Sauce
Red Chilies according to taste
1 stalk of coriander leaves – to use whole
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
1 large tomato
1/2 cup fresh coriander
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 red chili peppers
2 teaspoons baharat spice blend
Baharat Spice Blend
Arabic Baharat(Arabic spice mix):
2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
6-1/2 teaspoons paprika
4-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
Ingredients E – Arabic Salad
4 whole tomatoes cubed
2 small cucumbers cubed
1 red chili sliced, seed out
1 stalk coriander leaves chopped
Lemon Juice & Salt to taste
1 teaspoon olive oil - optional
- In a coffee grinder or food processor finely blend all ingredients A spices together.
- Use only 4 teaspoons for this recipe, store the rest in spice bottle preferably glass container.
- Rub all ingredients B except turmeric all over the chicken and set aside to marinate in a close container or plastic bag or zipper bag.
- While waiting for the chicken to marinate, proceed to wash and soaked rice.
- After soaking the rice, set aside and proceed to prepare sauce and salad.
- To prepare sauce, blend all ingredients D in food processor. Season to taste.
- To prepare salad, in a bowl mix all veggie in ingredients E (tomato -cubed, cucumber- cubed, chili-sliced and coriander leaves-chopped).
- Add lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Mixed thoroughly.
- Strain the rice in a colander.
- Bring to boil the marinated chicken with 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon turmeric to make chicken stock.
- Take the chicken out and strain.
- Sauté onion with butter until tender and brown in a pot, add whole spices (cardamoms, clove, pepper corns – crushed)
- Then add salt, rice, chicken stock and stir. Bring to boil then add chopped tomato, simmer cover, cook on a very low heat until chicken stock dried.
- Remove the rice from heat, put chicken on top, cover and put in preheated oven at 300F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with the salad, sauce and also green chili.
- You can also make chicken soup with leftover chicken marinate and chicken stock.