|My Peanut Butter Cuppies|
The story behind this recipe was that it was supposed to be Peanut Butter Balls! Being very novice in dealing with chocolate cooking, I was having difficult time to coat the balls to make Peanut Butter Balls.
Unsuccessful to make chocolate coated balls, I put the balls in paper cups and pour the melted chocolate! Voila... My Peanut Butter Cups..
The taste of the cuppies depend on the chocolate and peanut butter we use. So get a good quality chocolate and peanut butter....
Here is the mix and match recipe, Cik Ngah version;
1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
3 cup finely ground Kellogg Cornflakes
2 cup crunchy organic peanut butter - I use Cosway
1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
2 bag of 12 oz Hershey semisweet chocolate chips
70 g butter
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix confectioner's sugar, peanut butter and butter together on low speed. Add cornflake and mix on low speed until combined and a dough-like mixture forms. [Note: if mixing by hand, mix peanut butter into dry ingredients with your hands.]
- You can add more cornflakes if the dough is too sticky.
- Form a ball big enough to fit the mini paper cup. Freeze the balls.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over low heat. When chocolate is completely melted, cut the balls into two and place in paper cups...
- Repeat with remaining balls. Chill until chocolate is set.
- If not serving immediately, transfer to airtight container and keep refrigerated.
- Get adventurous...How about Spicy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.. add 1 tsp of Baba's chilli powder to the chocolate
- Peanut butter balls with fruit jelly filling?
- Peanut butter balls with shredded coconut?